Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Purple People Eater













It all happened innocently enough.............

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the grocery store like normal to pick up a few items on my list, one of those being Kleenex. Who knew that it would all begin there; a non-suspecting victim I tell you.

They were all out of the normal pink floral box that I get for my upstairs washroom. I opted for the purple one as it was the closest they had to what I'm used to.

I get the box home & all seemed normal enough until the Vet called to say that I had won a pkg. from a draw that I had been entered in. (It was for the "Farley Foundation" & I had bought some of their bracelets for family members earlier in the month). Anyway, when I went to pick up my prize there were various things in the bag, but what caught my eye was a deep purple water bottle for traveling. At this point I am still unaware of what is going on.

Then, as I mentioned before, I had a B-Day where I got an iPod. I had also received a HBC gift certificate from my parents so I thought I'd drop by Zellers to get a few accessories for it with my gift card. They didn't have very many cases to choose from. Although, I really wanted to knit a cozy, I knew I should pick up something cheap so it would be protected until I had the time. So keeping out a frugal eye, I finally settled on (okay, I had no choice because it was the only one left) a purple one that was on clearance for $3-. About now I'm starting to think that something very purple is going on.













Well, days went by until whilst coming out of the shower I suddenly had the urge to buy purple towels to match that Kleenex box. It was almost like an out-of-body experience. I stopped suddenly in my thoughts to look in the mirror & check if I had been switched into a different body. Nope, still me. So how could this happen? (I knew we were in desperate need of some bath towels; only had some new ones once in 15 yrs. of marriage, but this couldn't be reason enough, could it?) I certainly had not been tricked into contemplating purple in my life after all these years, could I? I don't think I'm in denial (Would one know if they were?)

Needless to say, I returned home from the Bargain Shop yesterday with a bunch of towels. The only suspects I have in this mystery are a Kleenex box and The Purple People Eater.

Peace out, Boop

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Shadkitty said...

HOORAY FOR PURPLE!!

It's the best. Come on, Harlod had a purple crayon....

There just isn't enough purple in the world.

bettyboopta2 said...

I just realized that the new necklace set that I picked up from Wal-Mart is a purple & silver cross, lol. Purple works in mysterious ways; sigh.