Thursday, February 08, 2007

Just can't get enough sox.

It's true. I don't think I'll ever tire of making socks. I love them so much that I made up a cheesy poem:
......................................................................................................

Ode to Socks

Socks how I love thee,
I can never get enough.
From the tips of your toes
to the top of your cuffs.

You are my foundation, my past-time, my love.
If I mess you up,
you can always be a glove.

You’re cheery & warm, comforting & true,
Whether solid or stripes, variegated or blue.

How subtle & mysterious or outrageous you can be.
Oh socks I just can’t get enough for you so captivate me.

There are so many ways that we work this land,
Whether on sticks: straight or double, circular, machine or hand.

You are portable and compact;
the perfect travelling buddy.
Plain, textured, bulky,
or a little bit nubby.

How can I express how much you mean to me,
For I just can’t get enough or stop making thee.

by Kym Ranger (aka Boop) Jan.3, 2007.

..............................................................................................

Peace out, Boop

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Socks look amazing.
MIL

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Like these! All that, and a poet too?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oops...meant to ask...hand or machine?