Thursday, June 28, 2007

Knit on my dear friends.

So, just to catch everyone up, I've been incredibly busy with the hobby farm. I've gotten another alpaca (a Suri type which can be read about here), hatched my 1st batch of Japanese quails (which I'll blog about shortly), have done some spinning, had our monthly CQ'teer meeting & lots of knitting.
I've been practicing my spinning on some Lincoln lamb fibre that I got off of Lynne on shearing day. It's from "Ava" who I just love. She is one sweet sheep. This is a long wool variety that is strong, mixes with mohair wonderfully & is sought after by dollmakers for use in wigs & Santa's beards.
It is different from regular fleece & slightly more difficult to spin because it's tough & more hair like (imho). Once you get the knack of it though it's great. I was quite pleased with how it turned out & can't wait until it's plied. The 1st pic is (from left to right): washed fleece, carded fleece & spun Lincoln. 2nd pic is a close-up of the spun fibre.
I have finished the "Monkey Socks"! Just for the record, I had mine finished before the Harlot, so it is I who is the trendsetter for her, lol. Both of us however, realized afterwards that they would have turned out a lot nicer if we hadn't used self-patterning yarn; great minds really do think a like (or perhaps just make the same mistakes, lol).
Amongst the finished knits are also some Christmas ones. I will only show part photos so the surprise isn't ruined; the pics are of 2 things modular & something with cables; nuff said.

CQ'teer meeting went well. 3 new members, 2 members that just came back from vacations: 1 to Japan & the other to the East Coast. Very nice & interesting stories from both, lots of show & share, chocolate, coffee, ATC's & a cool accordion paper booklet that Faye taught us for program this month.
I'll give you some time to absorb all the eye-candy & then I'll post again soon.

Peace out, Boop

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I came...I read. Just to prove I did!